Thursday, April 10, 2014

What a Star Wars fan I used to be...



  Before I got into ABBA, I used to be a HUGE Star Wars fan.  And that was way before I had even watched the Original Trilogy, but somehow I had already known who Princess Leia was and designated her as my favorite character.  The first Star Wars movie I ever saw was the Phantom Menace.  I used to have such a fear of Darth Maul, that I would run away from the TV and hide until I heard Obi-Wan scream "Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!".  :P  But now that I look back, I don't see what's so scary about him. 

  Then I saw Attack of the Clones.  I personally can't stand the whole thing about Anakin being in love with Padme and that annoying song which keeps on playing.  o.O  But I know that it's an important part of the story and that it had to happen in order for the Original Trilogy to start. 

  When I saw A New Hope for the first time, I was so excited.  To see Princesss Leia for the first time was very exciting.  Luke and Han were okay, too, but I only watched it for the princess.  I was obsessed.  Then I saw Empire Strikes back.  I found it to be a little bit boring, but watched it anyway.  The whole Luke training to be a Jedi was way too boring.  Now, whenever I watch it, I skip over those scenes.

  Strangely, before I even finished watching the whole saga, I knew about characters from the expanded universe, like Mara Jade (who is awesome, BTW), Jacen, Jaina, and Anakin Solo, Tenel Ka... 

  It took two years before I finally saw Return of the Jedi.  And when I finally was able to watch it, I had my attention turned to my foot because I had a huge cut...  I got to watch it again - I've watched it over 20 times now... - and pay more attention later on.

  I was very wary about watching Revenge of the Sith because a neighbor was once talking about how when Anakin got burnt up on Mustafar (Is that even how to spell it?) after fighting with Obi-Wan, you see his skull and that just scared me to pieces.  But I watched it and saw that it was as scary as it was exaggerated to be.

  And then I went on to the books.  I've read almost all the Star Wars books, (A good series to read is the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn) and now I am waiting for the newest books to be released as physical books and not dumb audio boos. 

  Because of my Princess Leia obsession, I got the LEGO X-Wing for my birthday.  Not because I like the X-Wing, but because it was cheapest set with the Leia Minifig.  But then her face got scratched off, so I had to live with that for years.  I finally got it replaced right when LEGO was changing all the looks of the minifigs and the only set that had her normal face was the set with all the ewoks... 

  But now, I'm not really into Star Wars anymore.  I think its because now everyone's all hyped over The Clone Wars (which is ending soon or has already ended - Yay!), and the fact that LEGO changed all the minifigs and made them all look stupid.    BUT that doesn't mean that I don't like Princess Leia because she will always be with me - like the force.  :P

(Is this my longest blog post ever?  :P)

<---  I have no idea what this was doing in my Star Wars folder.  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT