Friday, May 31, 2024

The Royal Order Of Vasa

 Well, what a morning!  Having only gotten online as of 50 minutes ago, what a wonderful surprise to see photos of the ABBA members arriving at the Royal Palace in Stockholm with their family and loved ones.  I believe Agnetha arrived with either Christian, her and Bjorn's son, as I saw some report, or her manager, Bjorn arrived with possibly one of his and Agnetha's granddaughters as well as his girlfriend Christina, Frida arrived with her partner Henry, and Benny arrived with his son, Ludvig and I believe Ludvig's wife Milana.  Then the ceremony was livestreamed on SVT (I missed it but have caught up!), and oh my goodness, what a treat to see all four members of ABBA, literally my favorite people in the world, together again once more.  

What an honor to be able to witness ABBA reuniting, both muically and just the four members together in public standing next to each other, so many times over the last 8 years.  First we had the opening of Mamma Mia the Party in 2016, Bjorn and Benny's 50th Anniversary celebration in 2016, ABBA reuniting for the recording of I Still Have Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down in 2017, then for the subsequent recordings of Voyage from 2018-2021 and the motion-captures for the ABBA Voyage show, 2022's premiere of ABBA Voyage, and now this, where our beloved members of ABBA received the Royal Order of Vasa for outstanding efforts in Swedish and International Music Life.

Congratulations Bjorn, Benny, Agnetha, and Frida.  This award is so well deserved.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT