Friday, May 10, 2024

11 years ago today

 It was 11 years ago today that Agnetha's 2013 album A was released worldwide.  I've mentioned this before, but this album is so dear to me.  I remember the hype of it all, the first single releases, hearing her voice in an all new recording.  I had only discovered ABBA in 2010, so this was my first new ABBA-related release to be a part of.  

To this day, this album still remains one of my top favorite.  I listened to it so much then and I still do now.  I once saw someone describe Agnetha's album as boring, and while I disagree that it's boring, I would say it is "delightfully boring."  Like, most of the tracks are slow and sweet and could be sung by anyone, yet Agnetha's voice just adds that extra something to make it so special.  

She did so much effort and promotion for this album, even performing live, publicly on stage for Children In Need at the end of the year.  And I feel so special to have been there to (virtually) witness it all.  

As always, I do like all the songs on this album, but my top favorites will always be The One Who Loves You Now, Back On Your Radio, and I Keep Them On The Floor Beside My Bed, the latter being an original Agnetha composition, and it's always a treat when she writes music and shares it with us.  

And of course, to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of A, last year she released a "remixed" version of the album, A+.  I like that album a lot too, and so many of the tracks that I initially wasn't too crazy about have become among my top favorites.  Specifically "When You Loved Someone (A+)" has grown on me a ton.

So happy birthday, A.  Thanks for being such a special album. :')

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT