Wednesday, April 03, 2024

It was 50 years ago today...

 ... that ABBA arrived in Brighton, England, in preparation for their participation in the Eurovision Song Contest, held at the Brighton Dome!  In just three days the event would begin and ABBA were gearing up to perform their entry, Waterloo, in front of thousands of people in the audience and watching from home as well!  Little did they know that in just three days time, they would be changing history, and proving that a band like them, coming from the relatively small country of Sweden, could win, and change history books forever!

Honestly, this is such an exciting time.  There has been so much ABBA hype everywhere (Well not everywhere as where I live in the US, I have not seen or heard anything in regards to ABBA, but that's what I get for being an American).  There are a lot of exciting documentaries releasing in the coming days to celebrate, large events in celebration of ABBA in Sweden and ABBA's voyage show in London, Agnetha, Bjorn, Benny, and Frida each being awarded a special award by the King of Sweden, and who knows what else our beloved ABBA have planned up their sleeves....

It was just announced last night by a bunch of news outlets that ABBA are rumored or "in talks" to have an ABBA Voyage show in Las Vegas, and that news absolutely made my night, assuming it's true.  If it is, let me just say, getting to Las Vegas, as in a flight within the US, is something that my anxious and introverted self could probably do, whereas getting myself to London sounds more complicated.  So if ABBA are actually making an ABBA Voyage show in Las Vegas, it seems that this dedicated and obsessive ABBA fan might finally be able to go to an actual ABBA concert, and what a dream come true that would be!  So please please please please PLEASE let this be true.  Please and thank you. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT