Monday, April 01, 2024

It was 12 years ago today...

 ... that I decided to create this blog.  I was literally just a child, and honestly my main goal for this blog was to upload drawings of ABBA so I could include the link to them in their respective birthday wishes that I would send via ABBAsite's birthday greeting system they would implement every year on each ABBA member's birthday.  

  I had intended for my first post to be a drawing of Agnetha's birthday, but I couldn't wait to share my some pictures of my homemade ABBA dolls, so that ended up being my first ever post on April 2nd.

  There have been times I've been too overwhelmed to post, other times when I became so hyper fixated on posting that I was ridiculously active.  There were other times that I had wanted to branch out and post non-ABBA things, and times that I decided this blog was strictly ABBA. I used to post any ABBA news, all the newest updates on compilation albums, solo projects and the likes, but at this point this blog is mostly ramblings and me complaining about things that other people or ABBA fans do that I don't like hahahaha but also just my thoughts as an obsessive ABBA fan who has been an obsessed ABBA fan for over half her life.  

  I honestly don't know how many viewers this blog has and if anyone has been keeping up with this blog since I first started it on that fateful day on April 1st, 2012, but I'm grateful to anyone who is interested in what I post.  And if you've been here since the start, I guess you've seen me grow up haha.  I was pretty cringe for a time as well, so there a lot of posts that I'm too embarrassed to look at and others that were just so cringeworthy that I had to private them (ex. Bitstrips comics hahahahha.  What was little me thinking lol) but most of what I had posted has remained on this blog and in a way, it's a nice time capsule or glimpse into a past window of time, and it's nice.

  I'm glad I made this blog all those years ago, and I'm glad I had this outlet to post about my ABBA obsession as at the time that I created this blog, I didn't really have much support from anyone.  So happy anniversary to me.  And thank you for being here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT