Sunday, July 14, 2013

Bjorn on stage!


Visfestivalen in Västervik was the setting for an unexpected event yesterday when Björn Ulvaeus performed on stage for the first time in many years. He was in Västervik to pay tribute to his former Hootenanny Singers bandmate Hansi Schwarz who died in January this year.
In front of a cheering crowd, Björn grabbed his guitar and joined Tony Roth (also an original member of the Hootenanny Singers) and played a few songs.
Björn, Hansi Schwarz, Tony Roth and Johan Karlberg formed the Hootenanny Singers in 1961.
Calle Åstrand, son of Hansi Schwarz reflected afterwards on the increasingly rare sight of Björn performing in public and said “it was great that he and Tony Roth wanted to do it.”

  Quick question, Bjorn, if you don't have any trouble getting up on stage and singing with your old bandmate, what's the harm in getting together with three other bandmates from the 1970s?  :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT