Tuesday, November 30, 2021

Collection Update - Voyage, Gracias Por La Musica, + more

 Okay so I meant to post this when my order from the official ABBA voyage store came like a week after Voyage came out on November 5th, but I like never got around to taking pictures until today.  xD

I was just want to start out this post by saying how much I wished I could tell my younger self that ABBA actually did it.  They got together, all four of them, and made a new album.  Like I remember how excited I was when I got to preorder Agnetha's A album in 2013, and I'd never been able to experience something like that ever again.  And I got to do that again you know, hopping onto the ABBA Voyage website the moment Benny said in that livestream "We recorded a new album and you can preorder it now."  Like I did that. I got to experience that, and I am so grateful.

 Anyways, here is my Voyage haul:

So I think I mentioned it before, but I ended up buying three versions of the album, 2 CDs and one vinyl.  I know there were so many fancy shmancy versions of the album available, but I ultimately decided on getting a plain old black vinyl.  I also couldn't tell if the special deluxe box was a vinyl or CD, which is why I got that in addition to the regular CD.  It is a CD btw. ;)  

So the vinyl is really cool.  It's a very simple design, not a lot of details, but I like the images of the avatars on the inside of the case. 

Like they're really helpful for a project that I may or may not be working on right now...  👀

The vinyl also came with this lovely postcard of ABBA during the recording sessions for I'm guessing I Still Have Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down.  It's nice that they included some form of real life ABBA in the present instead of just the ABBAtars.
And there's also this larger poster that I have stuck to my wall. :D

Next is the Deluxe CD box which comes with a lot of really nice goodies.

There's stickers, art cards, the booklet, and the CD.  I'm honestly not quite sure what I'm going to do with the art cards and stickers.  I for some reason always leave stickers as they are since I'm like scared of sticking them to something and then changing my mind but they're stuck there forever lolololol.  I'm thinking I might stick the art cards and the postcard on my wall as well, but again I have the same problem of sticking them on the walls and possibly damaging them. 
A closer look at the CD.
And there's also this poster as well that is also on my wall now.  (Also please ignore strawberry shortcake and friends on the wallpaper - I did not choose them, they were on the walls since before I was born xD )
Also I saved the labels that were on the shrink wrap since these are historic now!

And last but certainly lost least is the regular old CD.  I decided to leave it in the shrink wrap, unopened.  I'm not doing this for any particular reason, like I'm not planning on reselling anything, I just didn't see the need to open it.  Plus there's a poster on the inside of it as well I believe, but I think it's the same one as the poster in the deluxe box.

And now for my other goodies.  While I was waiting for Voyage to come out, I decided to do some more shopping on discogs since I have an addiction... lol just kidding but I really do like buying things on discogs and decided to add yet another record to my ABBA record collection since I can't get enough of these. xD  For fun, I added Gracias Por La Musica to my collection.


And then I decided to have even more fun and purchased ABBA in Concert and ABBA in Japan, again for no reason in particular. :)

ABBA in Japan also comes with some goodies, but again I don't know what to do with them. xD  They will probably just stay in the DVD box.

And while these are not official ABBA merch, here are two posters I ordered from my RedBubble store. :)  Both are available for sale btw, just the ABBA logo is not there in the I Still Have Faith In You one because I don't think I'm allowed to do that.


I still can't believe that ABBA released a new album despite listening to it pretty much every day since it came out. xD  Thank you ABBA, for the music, and for everything.  This was a dream come true. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT