Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Just a notion, that's all...

 So on October 22nd, ABBA are releasing Just A Notion as a single anticipating the release of Voyage just two weeks after.  I am honestly so excited about the fact that ABBA are finally happy with the song and ready to release it.  So far we've only heard a 30 second snippet of the newly mixed song, but just those 30 seconds are enough for me to be super excited.

I know a lot of people are a bit unsettled by the fact that ABBA are releasing a song that has vocals from 43 years ago, but here's my take:  ABBA are releasing a new album for the first time sine 1981.  It's been so many years, and they're all so much older, their voices are gonna sound different - not that it's a bad thing!  Agnetha and Frida both sound AMAZING on I Still Have Faith In You and Don't Shut Me Down, but their voices have clearly changed a lot, meaning their new songs are gonna have a new sound.  Again not saying that its a bad thing at all.  However, ABBA are also giving us a song that will feature that familiar sound that we all know and love - ABBA in their prime, back in the 70s.  There's nothing more comforting than hearing new "old" material with Agnetha and Frida's voices as they were back in 1978.  

That said, I am also looking forward to hearing ABBA's new sound as we've heard in ISHFIY and DSMD.  New ABBA songs, recorded in modern day - so exciting!  This is going to be a new era of ABBA, and just like with all of ABBA's past albums, with each new album, there's a new sound and style.  Yet with their ever evolving style, they still manage to keep the ABBA style.

With just over two weeks to go, I can hardly keep my excitement in.  I had preordered Voyage (three different versions of it hahaha) literally minutes after they made the announcement, and I had planned on just stopping there, not purchasing anything else.  But excitement got the best of me, and I got a little impulsive and purchased the two CD singles as well.  I want to buy Just a Notion on CD as well, but they for some reason don't have it available in the US. :/  Rude. 


 Haha jk, but anyway, I am absolutely ecstatic at the fact that we're getting a new ABBA album with 10 tracks of pure ABBA magic.  17 more days to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT