Friday, October 22, 2021

And tonight is very special, it's a night for me and you...

 Just A Notion has officially been released, worldwide at midnight, local time.  I really like it, but also I happen to be amongst the minority who legitimately loves every single ABBA song.  However this song I especially love as it was always one of my favorites on the Undeleted medley (Givin' A Little Bit More is my top favorite from the medley *hint hint* ABBA plz release it xD ) 

I think ABBA have done a fabulous job redoing the backing track.  In all honestly, I think I prefer the instruments from the undeleted medley a little more, however I still really, really like this more modern one.  I think Benny's really given a chance to shine with his piano parts, and also I love that all four members are singing in the verses as it makes me super happy whenever they all sing together for some reason. :)  In the chorus, I kinda wish Agnetha and Frida's vocals were kept at the same volume as they were in Undeleted, as this one makes it super hard to hear Frida, but you can still hear her so it's alright.

Also I know it has been said that this song features entirely old vocals from 1978, however I have a sneaking suspicion the last lines in the song (I, I think it's more than a notion/In a moment, that dream is about to come true) might be a modern recording.  If that's true, then I really like how similar Agnetha and Frida can sound to their younger selves, despite some age coming through.  

Anyways, all in all, I love Just A Notion, and I am so happy to finally get to hear ABBA's version in full, and I am really looking forward to hearing the remaining 7 songs in just two weeks time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT