Sunday, December 31, 2023

2023 - a year in review

 Well, the year has officially come to a close, and as per usual, I like to sort of reflect on the year.  I know I've been hardly active on this blog the last few years, so I don't have much to report on on blogwise, but ABBA wise it has been a pretty good year.

-ABBA Voyage turned 1!  And has had over 1 million visitors!  And I have not been one of them sadly, but I'm hoping that someday to get my anxious self there.  The fact that the ABBA Voyage shows have been so successful has been absolutely incredible.  I love knowing that Voyage has been the most perfect show for ABBA fans old and new, and has even been an excellent introduction to people who had never really listened to ABBA before.  

-Frida, Benny, and Bjorn attended the 1-year celebration and I have absolutely loved watching the videos of Frida interacting with the fans after the show.  She is just so lovely, kind, and sweet. 

-Agnetha released a new/old album, A+, which has definitely been a highlight for me personally.  I listened to that album and the new single, Where Do We Go From Here soooo much, it's no wonder Agnetha was among my top 3 artists on spotify lol.  (I don't actually use spotify much at all, I prefer to listen to my music locally.  Call me old fashioned but it works for me. But I do use it for listening to new releases until I get my physical copy.)  I love how Agnetha loves releasing new music on her terms alone, and has gifted us with so much music over the last two decades.

-Bjorn joined Instagram, and it has been lovely seeing a glimpse into his life online.  Bjorn has also been active musically, writing new songs with a couple of different artists.

-And Benny has been very musically active as well, releasing songs, sometimes together with Bjorn throughout the year.

-ABBA celebrated 50 years since the release of Ring Ring in 1973, and next year they celebrate 50 years since winning the Eurovision Song Contest!  I sincerely hope there will be a lot of ABBA things happening next year.  Whatever it is they have planned, I am excited.

 

Personally, this first half of this year sucked.  My budgie Skyler, the literal love of my life, got sick 5 days into the year and then passed away in March because of a tumor in his liver.  I know I did everything I could to keep his last days as comfortable as possible, but losing a loved one, especially one that I was so bonded and connected with is one of the worst pains imaginable and I would never inflict it on anyone.  However, the two and a half years that Skyler and I had together were the best and I would change literally nothing of it (except for the fact that he died, because I would do anything just to have him here with me again.)

However the second half of the year was good.  In May, I brought home two beautiful budgie boys, Mordecai and Darius, and they have been such a light in my life.  No, my happiness is not reliant on my pets, but rather I love being able to take care of beautiful feathered friends, and having birds is the best.  Mordecai and Darius have been so good, and I've loved continuing getting to know them and grow with them.  They're my beautiful blueberry boys. <3

I did a little bit of sewing this year, I think I completed a total of three doll costumes.  But like I said, this year was hard so I didn't really do a lot.  

 

On the future of this blog - on my personal instagram, I had sort of challenged myself to do a drawing every day starting on January 1st, and that turned into me drawing 10 drawings a month rather than every single day.  I enjoy the idea of daily posting (but also not forced or required to), so I was thinking, seeing as I talk about my love of ABBA and their songs pretty much every day in my personal life, what if I sort of brought that to this blog and did a post (almost) every day about an ABBA song, either in chronological order or whatever order I want, and just talk about my love for said particular song?  I've always said that I love every single ABBA song, and it's the truth.  So no guarantees, and I may miss a day, especially as there are less than 365 ABBA songs, but we'll see.  

Alright, well, happy new year everyone.  I hope 2024 will only bring good things and that the terrible state of the world can get better.

- Becky/ABBAFan456

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT