Thursday, August 26, 2021

ABBA Voyage - An ABBA Fan's thoughts

 The past week has been absolutely crazy for ABBA fans, starting with a supposed ABBA press conference that may or may not have happened in Stockholm earlier in the week (or was it last week? Can't remember anymore lol.)  Even though fans were reassured that it was nothing to concern about, somehow we knew that we would be getting some sort of announcement soon. For the past couple of days I've even been having dreams about ABBA's songs, alternating between the songs turning out  incredible or the songs being awful.  I had one of those dreams today, and though I don't recall whether I liked the songs or not in the dream, shortly after I woke up, I went to check Instagram and was surprised to see the ABBA Voyage announcement, or more like tease because there isn't much information about it as of yet.

So far from what I can tell, next Thursday, it seems they're having global ABBA fan events, like in London, New York, Vienna, and there's going to be a worldwide live stream of an ABBA documentary of sorts so that fans from everywhere can see it.  The question is, what is the Voyage?  Is it the official name of the ABBA-tar project?  The name of the documentary?  Or the name of an album....?  Either way, I am excited about it no matter what.  

I know a lot of people haven't been overly impressed with the idea of the "hologram" tour, but for fans like me who have never had the opportunity to have seen ABBA live because we were born too late, this will hopefully give us the opportunity to experience it.  Now from the little tidbits I've heard about the ABBAtar project, it seems very similar to my ABBA concert recreation series (which is no wonder why they booted me off YouTube), and that's absolutely incredible.  Now of course I have questions as to how accurate the "holograms" will be, will they do dumb synchronized dances that ABBA never did live on stage, will they look exactly like the way they did in 1979 or will they be like the holograms at the museum that have 1977 hair and 1979 outfits, etc etc, but I won't know until I go, right?  

I was a lot more keen on the idea of this being an actual tour, traveling the world with tour dates, but it seems the ABBAtars are gonna permanently live in London, which is a little bit of a bummer for me as I am not from the UK, and traveling is not easy for me.  I've only been on a plane I think a total of  4 times in my life, 2 round trips, and those were over a decade ago.  I don't go anywhere much, even before the whole COVID-19 pandemic, so I don't know how I would get to London to see the show for myself.  But I can hope that someday I'll make it there!

In regards to the new songs, as of right now, we don't have an explicit date as to when we will be hearing at least one of the songs, but I can only hope that we will get to hear something during the September 2nd festivities. 

Overall, it's an absolutely exciting time and I cannot wait for next Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT