Sunday, February 11, 2018

Modern music

So a lot of ABBA fans are not only fans of ABBA, but fans of a lot of bands from the 60s, 70s, and 80s.  that's pretty cool.  A lot of them believe that they were born in the wrong era since they listen to mostly old music.  (No way is this supposed to be a put down, btw!  I'm all for them loving the oldies and goodies from back then!) 

I'm also an ABBA fan.  But I'm not one of those people who loves everything from back then. I'm not an old music enthusiast. To be honest, I actually can't stand a lot of the music that plays on the oldies stations.  I find the Beatles, Queen, Guns N' Roses, and many, many more to be rather annoying, with only a few songs, like maybe some from ELO, Michael Jackson or Blondie that I actually don't mind.  But it turns out that the only 60s, 70s, and 80s music that I listen to is ABBA, some ABBA related artists like Ted Gardestad and Tomas Ledin, and the ABBA members pre and post ABBA music. besides that, turns out the majority of music I listen to is modern music.

I find that a lot of people who prefer old music tend to despise the modern music of today.  They find them to be annoying, manufactured, lame, I dunno, but basically they don't like it.  I also don't like the manufactured pop stars of today, like Selena Gomez, Ariana Grande, or Justin Bieber just to name a few.  I honestly think their music stink.  though those are modern artists, they are not the ones that I listen to.

Lately I'm finding myself listening to a lot of Pop Punk or Punk Rock bands, like Tonight Alive, Yellowcard, Paramore, Against the Current, and We Are The In Crowd, just to name a few.  I'm also a big fan of Sabrina Carpenter, Imagine Dragons, and some of the Jonas Brother's old stuff from when they were a thing.  The reason why I listen to the bands and artists that I just listed is because they all have talent.  Hayley Williams of Paramore has one of the widest vocal ranges I've ever heard, Ryan Key of Yellowcard has an incredible voice, Jenna McDougall has a very powerful voice and can sing in so many different styles, and the lyrics to a lot of We Are The In Crowd and Against the Current's songs are super relatable.  Sabrina Carpenter, though she's beginning to sound like your average pop star, has an incredible talent and the lyrics to her music are very well thought out and she has something to say in all of her songs. 

I feel like there is an assumption that anyone who listens to any old music, like I listen to ABBA, must be the type of person who listens to only old music and hates on the modern stuff.  I love ABBA, I love the members, I love the lyrics to their songs, I love the tunes, their harmonies and voices, but I also love the talented bands and musicians of today. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep your comments related to the blog's content. For example, I run multiple blogs and don't particularly want comments that have to do with one of my other blogs on a blog that has nothing really to do with the other. I might share posts because they're all my blogs, but please, keep your comments related. :)

Please don't be surprised if I don't publish your comments right away! I see every comment and will always get to them as soon as possible, just not all the time. I'm a busy person when I'm not blogging. ;)

-No foul language or cursing.
-Nothing inappropriate
-No mentions about Agnetha's YOU-KNOW-WHAT